Traditionally, I have not had any real issues with formatting my manuscripts for Kindle. Although I’m not a master at it by any means, either.
But here’s another delay for The Hollows. I had fully intended to upload it to KDP last night, having it go live this morning. But I simply could not get the formatting right. The tabs were slightly off and the pages were breaking weird. So I went back in and tried to fix these issues.
Now, not only are the tabs/indents not lining up like they should but Word has also decided to strip every space out between sentences. I have tried every method I know to fix this and it just isn’t working. Nothing. Is. Working.
On the downside, this means a few more days before The Hollows will go live. On the plus side, it also means I have to manually go through the effing book again to manually fix each and every instance where there is a period. (For those of you that are going to recommend I do the find and replace function with “.” becoming “_.” don’t bother…that does work, but it also plays hell on any dialogue that ends with a period…which is quite a lot).
Now, if anyone out there does know of quick fixes for these things or if you are simply a Word wizard, let me know if you think you can help. I’ll give you some free books and my undying gratitude.